Friday, April 8, 2011

Randoms

  • Opening day of little league is Sunday!!  We have pictures tomorrow and then the first game on Sunday.  I can't wait.  They have missed 3 practices due to rain so I don't expect a lot out of them Sunday but I'm still so excited to watch.
  • I'm sick to death of this weather.  We get 2 Spring days, a Summer day and then 3 Winter days...what the hell?  I'm tired of the clouds and the cold rain.  I really need Spring to get here...heck, at this point I'll jump right into Summer.  Bring on the heat!
  • I'm worried about the trees in my area.  They had just begun to bud and then we had below freezing temps and snow for 3 nights in a row and now they look almost brown again.  I've been watching them like a hawk and I'm not liking what I'm seeing.  The younger trees are bright green and look great but the more mature trees look like they are heading back into Fall...not good.
  • We are going to the Nursery tomorrow afternoon to take a look at the proposed landscape plan.  I'm looking very forward to seeing what he came up with.  We will do most of the work ourselves but having a plan put together by a knowledgeable professional will come in very handy indeed.
  • My injections are going well.  The evening session of mixing and injecting 3 different substances is a bit time consuming but I'm getting it done.  I had a mishap this morning with my Gonal-F.  When I pulled the needle out a few drops of the medicine along with some blood came back out.  I freaked out a little but after those couple of drops nothing else came out.  I don't think it was enough to really concern myself with but still.  I had been doing so good and only had 2 bruises up until that happened.  Now I have a nasty new bruise.
  • My tummy is sore to the touch.  This is new for me as I wasn't sore at all last time.  I find myself bending differently and pulling my pants down just slightly to ease the pressure.  I don't think I feel any ovary growth yet, as in my pants are not tight around my belly, it's just sore.
  • I've been saying many prayers lately regarding my ovaries.  I've been praying to God daily that He is allowing this medicine to do good things with my follicles and eggs.  I'm keeping a very positive attitude and trusting that everything is working properly in there.
  • I have my scan and blood work tomorrow morning at 8:30.  I'm glad these checks have been on the weekend so far, although it cuts into my morning snuggle time with my honey, it saves me from driving into work and taking a chance at being late.  If all goes according to plan, my ER will be on a Sunday and no one will have to take any time off for it.  Fingers crossed.
  • I have not been deemed important enough by PETA for even their form letter, which is fine.  I don't need to get all riled up about it again.  Damn if they don't piss me off, though.  I've still been reading the responses others are getting and it's just so unfortunate that they just refuse to stop and THINK.  I think the animals they are trying to save have more brain power than the employees of that crazy organization.  Eff them.
  • My moods are evening out nicely.  Other than my blowups at traffic, I've been pretty good.  I don't feel like crying at everything and BJ doesn't seem so annoying anymore.  :-)  I'm still very tired and I think the meds are backing me up, if you know what I mean.  I've only had 2 "meaningful" trips to the bathroom since starting the Lupron.  Aside from an OTC laxative and prune juice (which I hate) is there something I can do to help move things along?
  • I'm thinking of taking the week of Spring Break off.  My new boss will be out all but one day that week and it will be during the time of ER and transfer (hopefully) and the Little Guy will be out of school and it could be a good chance for a "TeeJay and Little Guy Day".  We haven't had one in a while and he has asked me a couple of times when we were going to do that again.  We usually go to the movies or the mall and get lunch or a special treat.  The more I think about it the more I want to do it.
  • As I'm typing this it feels like my ovaries are swimming a little bit.  I hope that means good things.  I also hope it's my ovaries and not my constipation causing the feeling as I have only been on the stims since Wednesday morning.  :-)

5 comments:

Esperanza said...

Wow, you have a lot of stuff going on! I'm glad your moods are evening out (and I think blowing up at traffic is TOTALLY normal! ;-) I think that special "date" with Little Guy sounds really nice. You should definitely take off time to do that with him.

someday-soon said...

Good luck on your landscaping plan! Happy the stims are going well, sorry about the tender tummy though. I had it too. Colace is usually what they recommend instead of a laxative during pregnancy...and since that is soon to come it's probably what you should use =) It's amamzing what discomfort that issue can cause. Fantastic that you are feeling better mood wise...my bet is that coming off the BCPs was causing it. Look forward to hearing about your u/s tomorrow!

Alex said...

Ovaries swimming are great! All this sounds great, and is so very exciting!

Regarding effective bathroom time, eating dried apricots really helps me, and when I need something super effective, Milk of Magnesia always does the trick. Plus it's pregnancy-safe.

Good luck at the ultrasound!

Pie said...

Don't worry about the few drops of medicine and blood after injecting - it happens, totally normal.

As for the pooping, well I love Colace. Safe while pregnant, you should avoid laxatives. 50mg was enough for me. And I love dried apricots too, we call them poop-ricots in this house :)

Have a good weekend! Go Little Guy!

Mel. said...

Hooray for Little League season! I nicked a vein once when I was doing a shot and ended up with a bruise the size of my fist on my tummy.... Colace is what my doc gave me after Lily's birth...