Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Still Stimming

I had my scan this morning and I still have 8 measurable follicles...and I can feel them, let me tell you.  The tech said I should see the nurse for trigger instructions just in case.  I left there with my packet of instructions, BJ's sample cup and a circle on my outer left buttock.  I was so ready to have ER on Friday.  We have the Little Guy this weekend so doing it Friday during the day would be perfect...we wouldn't need to worry about what to do with him on Saturday or Sunday.

I just got the call from my nurse and the doctor wants me to stim one more day.  So if I trigger tomorrow night then retrieval will be on Saturday and we have to find someone to watch the Little Guy while we are gone.  This is not ideal but somehow we will make it work.  We have to be there at least an hour before the procedure and we live just over an hour away.  I didn't want anyone to know that we are doing this but it looks like the cat will be out of the bag.  Oh well, there's not much I can do about it at this point so I'm not going to stress.  My guess is that we will ask BJ's sister to watch him while we go.  Our Saturday will be a wash but at least we will be avoiding rush hour traffic and neither of us have to take off work.

I took next week off of work which also works out well.  If ER is Saturday then transfer will be either Tuesday or Thursday...providing we get that far.  I'm starting to have some mini-doubts about things working out in our favor.  We've come so far and (seemingly) I've done so well...I sort of feel the wind falling out of my sails.  I'm trying really hard to stay calm and let whatever happens happen, but as we get closer all the "what if's" of what could go wrong are trying really hard to squeeze their way in.  Starting with my new boss.  He was supposed to be off next week so it made taking this time off easier...he has decided to come in.  It's not as easy to be out when the boss is here working.  The next thing was being pushed to Saturday for ER...not ideal but still very workable.  I'm hoping that this is not the start of a domino affect on us.  Just sitting here trying to remain calm and relaxed and focused on the task at hand....growing eggs.

Here are the stats for today's appointment:

13 follicles, 8 measurable ranging from 14.7 to 20.3 (cutting it close with that bigger one but trusting that the doc knows what he's doing.)
E2 is up to 1,785 - nicely done.  I might really have 5 to 6 good eggs in there.

Thank you all, again, for your well wishes.  It means a lot to me and I've been surprised by some lurkers that have commented lately!  Hi ladies!  Thanks for speaking up.

6 comments:

someday-soon said...

My doc let an egg or two be that big too in hopes of bringing up a few of the smaller ones to mature size. I know it's hard to keep the enthusiasm going but you're doing great. Sorry ER didn't work out to be Friday but at least you'll have the weekend to relax after ER Saturday. Look forward to your update tomorrow =)

Alex said...

Oh yes, during IVF, you definitely have to be flexible! So excited for you - you're getting close!

A said...

so glad about the progress- bummer that saturday will be a bit more complicated with LG, but i am sure you will make it work! praying for you in a big way!!

Erin said...

Sounds like it's going really well, how exciting! I'm keeping good thoughts in mind for you ...

AplusB said...

Sounds great!! Grow follies grow!

HopeBPatient said...

Thinking about you and wishing you lots of luck with your ER on Saturday!