Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So Close!!!

I know I already updated today but I just got my call from my nurse and I'm so excited!  She's excited for me too, and that just feeds my own excitement.

My memory was obviously a little fuzzy when I posted earlier.  My measurable follicles (she said all 8 of them!) are ranging in size from 15.3 to 17.7!  How awesome is that??  My E2 is coming in at 1,472!  I did some googling and was a bit worried at first but the more I read the more I figured I am doing ok.  She said that I have a total of 13 follicles...wow!  I'm not going to dwell on the ones that didn't grow big enough and I'm just going to be proud of the ones that did/are.  My lining is a whopping 11.6!  I thought it looked pretty thick this morning but I didn't ask the tech about it as I've never had lining issues and I could see the 3 lines pretty clearly.  My nurse thinks that she will probably call me with triggering instructions tomorrow afternoon!  Holy moly!

Guys, I'm just so happy right now.  These numbers are so good.  Looking at my E2 it seems that I might have at least 5 eggs maturing in there, maybe more if I go on the low end of the scale.  (I looked back at my blood work numbers from my last IVF 2 years ago.  On trigger day I had 5 follicles and my E2 was 1,001.  I ended up with 4 eggs and only 3 mature.  Those are the numbers I'm using to guess at this.)  The fact that they are all so close in size is really a blessing.  I'm so thankful to have gotten this far.  I know that nothing is guaranteed but I can't help but feel like we could really get a baby out of this.  I get tears in my eyes when I think about that.  It could be my turn.  I am also staying realistic...which sucks.  But I'm not letting the negative creep in too much.  The enormity of this is starting to set in but I think I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping myself on the positive train...with Hope as my traveling companion.  And all of you are here with me, too.

Please keep praying and if you aren't the praying type, please keep hoping and sending positive thoughts our way.  I'm just so thankful to have your support and your encouragement.  There is only 1 person IRL that knows pretty much exactly what is happening with me and she is praying, too.  My old boss knows that we are doing this but she doesn't know everything because she's not here but she's pulling for us.  Our families don't know anything this time around and I so hope that we can surprise them with happy news.

Please oh, please let this be IT for us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!! All of my prayers and best vibes are with you. And I know that cystie is sending tons of good karma to his follie siblings. :) xoxo

Allison said...

I've been lurking but have to come out of the lurk-cloud to say WOW!!! Great news!! Praying and sending positive vibes your way. :)

Alex said...

What wonderful news! This really could be it for you Teejay, oh I hope so!!! Sending you every prayer and positive thought I have!

someday-soon said...

WOO-HOO!!!! You are responding so well. Looks like this protocol was a great call for you. I'm so hopeful that this is YOUR time and I'm sending all the PTs I can muster your way =)

Jenni said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that it's going well for you and that everything looks awesome. Positive thoughts headed your way.

Pie said...

You are responding sooooo well!! I have everything crossable crossed for you, TeeJay!!