Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happiness Is...

- Having leftover meatloaf on a sandwich for lunch. So yummy. If you’ve ever wondered what to do with your leftover meatloaf wonder no more. Just slice a piece kind of thin and put it on a sandwich with some ketchup and you will be good to go. BJ loves them in his lunch, too.


- The Little Guy hitting a triple at his game on Saturday. He has been struggling to hit the ball (mainly because he hasn’t been swinging the bat) and his first time up on Saturday he got a triple! So exciting. Unfortunately, he pulled/strained his groin muscle on his next at bat (it was a base hit, though!) so he’s been nursing it ever since. We are keeping him out of tonight’s game hoping that he’ll be good to go on Saturday.

- My Capitals winning Monday night and evening the series to one game apiece! They played so hard and made me so nervous that at one point I actually jumped up onto the ottoman! My husband just laughs at me. I can’t help it. I’ve been a fan since early 1995...this team is like my baby and I just want them to WIN the Stanley Cup already! They’ve never won it so they are definitely due.

- My rosebushes are just about in full bloom. I have 2 pink knockout bushes (one on either side of my front steps) and I was afraid that the cold snaps we’ve been having would prevent them from blooming but they have fought back. There are many blooms and at least 100 buds on each bush that will be blooming in the next few days hopefully. Now if only my gardenia bushes would bloom I’d have one of the prettiest gardens on our street.

- Getting the all clear to start my PIO shots tonight! That’s right, people...the donor’s blood work came back great and retrieval is all set for tomorrow. Unfortunately, they didn’t run her E2 today so I don’t have a number to obsess over. But there will be EGGS tomorrow...young eggs...hopefully normal eggs! I told BJ yesterday that he’s in charge of making a baby on Thursday. And he said, hopefully. And I said...NO hopefully’s about it...only positive thinking from here on out. Our baby will be made tomorrow. I can’t believe it’s finally here. I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking about the enormity of the situation. Please keep hoping and praying as there is still a long way to go and I realize that. I’m just so happy right now that I don’t want to think of anything but a positive outcome.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so excited for you.

Alex said...

I love these lists. ESPECIALLY the last point! That's so awesome. I'm definitely thinking of your baby being made tomorrow - TOMORROW! So awesome!!!

Augusta said...

blooming rosebushes, embryos in the making and a baby in 9 months. I'm so excited for you.

Pie said...

Good luck, best wishes and all that for tomorrow!! WOW - tomorrow!! BJ better do a good job ;)

someday-soon said...

Love your happy lists! Woo-hoo for PIO. Sending all the PTs I can muster to you tomorrow =)