Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 3 Update and Transfer Schedule

Who has 9 embryos still growing?  ME!  Who has a 5 day transfer scheduled for Tuesday at 9:30?  ME!

I got the call yesterday at the Little Guy's baseball game that all 9 embryos were still growing and were all 4 cells!  How awesome is that?  I was told that I'd get a call this afternoon with an update and a schedule for transfer.  Since it was 4:00 and no one had called me yet I called the answering service.  Someone called back within 5 minutes.  She explained that it just takes longer to get through all the calls on the weekend.  Ok, then tell me that on Saturday.  I was expecting an update when I always get updates, between 1:00 and 3:00.  But who really cares about all that when I have 9 embryos waiting for me, right?

I never thought I'd be here again.  I never thought I'd have another transfer of an embryo.  I never thought I'd ever really have another shot at getting pregnant.  And now I do.  Wow.

I hate the time they gave me, though.  That means that I will be fighting some major traffic Tuesday morning.  I was hoping for 11:00 or later but it is what it is and I'm not going to complain.  I'm going to get my butt out the door by 7:00 (since I have to check in at 9:00) and I'm hoping that 2 hours is enough travel time.  I might change my mind later but for now, I will leave at 7:00.

Can you believe this is really happening??

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome!!!!! :) Good luck!

Amber C said...

Soooooooooooo freaking awesome, TeeJay! I am so excited for you!! You deserve every bit of good news and excitement your heart can hold! I am following closely! Can't wait for more!

Leslie said...

Yeah! So excited for you. Hope your drive is smoothe & easy!

Fran said...

Sooooo happening!! Im keeping everything crossed!

Augusta said...

omg! All 9 fertilized and are growing!!! That's amazing news. You must have been jumping up and down when you got that call.
Very excited for your transfer tomorrow. Please keep us posted.

newbie said...

What a great result!! Hope there are 9 beautiful blasts waiting for you on Tuesday!

someday-soon said...

That's incredible =) All nine still going strong!!! I'll be thinking lots of good thoughts for you in the morning.

Pie said...

Who's got 2 thumbs and super-excited for TeeJay?? This girl!! (ok, that works better in person, but you get the idea...

Yay for a amazing Day 3 - you are gonna have some frozens to keep too! Have you decided how many you are going to transfer?

EndoJourney said...

Ahh this is fantastic news!! And guess what? We're transfer sisters! I"m going in tomorrow at 11:15am! :) :) Lots of sticky vibes your way! Can't wait to hear great news from you soon!

April said...

amazing news!!!! :)

Alex said...

It's really happening! What wonderful news - I'm so excited for you!!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow night - you and your embryos!!!