Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Cousin and Flies

My cousin is participating in a charity event for the March of Dimes. He's a real outdoorsman so he's doing a fly-tie-a-thon. He's going to tie flies (for fly fishing) for 9 hours on April 10 in North Carolina where he lives. He is part of a team of folks that are putting this event together.


In case you don't know, the March of Dimes works really hard to help support programs in your community that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. And it funds research to find answers to the problems that threaten babies.


They are going to sell the flies and the proceeds are going to be donated as well. And any unsold flies at the end of the day are going to be given to Casting for Recovery, a breast cancer charity. Casting for Recovery supports breast cancer survivors through a program that combines fly-fishing, counseling, and medical information to build a focus on wellness instead of illness.

Last year he raised $300 and would like to do better this year. Most of his contributions came in a dollar or two at a time as folks walked by during the festival...this year, he's going high tech. I have posted a link to his website below. If you would like to contribute to this very worthy cause of helping babies, please feel free to click below. If not, no worries. I just thought I'd try to help him beat his record from last year. He doesn't know I'm doing this as he has no clue I have a blog. I'm going to keep it that way.



http://www.marchforbabies.org/twoatlow8


Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

No comments: