Monday, January 25, 2010

Hectic Weekend

Hello everyone! I need to make a quick rundown of my weekend because there was a lot going on. And when I say "quick" I really do mean it, even though this will probably end up being a long post. I have good intentions, really I do. I just like to blabber and I get wordy and see? Here I go.

The plan for Saturday was basketball game in the AM then head over to Target for curtains, bedspreads and towels. Then to Lowes for a slew of things...bathroom lights (we HATE ours), hardware for the kitchen cabinets, slats for the bunk beds, curtains (if none at Target) and a few more things. Then we were going to finish putting the beds together and chill at home. Well, that's not what happened.

I found out on my way home Friday that BJ's sister was in the hospital. She has been sick on and off for about 2 weeks with bronchitis and other "cold" related issues. She has asthma so this tends to make things worse for her. She finally went to the doctor Friday and they admitted her almost immediately. She's only 38 years old and generally healthy. Her pulse/ox was down in the low 80's and she could barely talk without losing her breath and coughing. She has some "junk" (doctor word) in her lungs that they wanted her to get up. She has 3 kids (8, 6, and 2) and a husband. And luckily, this husband has retired, healthy, loving parents. They asked us if we could keep the oldest boy Saturday night to help out. Well, of course. So that meant changing our Saturday plans a bit. We did our shopping (more on the curtain debate in another post) very quickly and didn't get 1/2 of what we needed/wanted because we had to rush to get back home to be there when the grandparents dropped the nephew off after his basketball game. The beds didn't get put together. The boys slept on the mattresses just on the floor. BJ wanted to go see his sister and I stayed with the boys. He picked up a pizza on his way home and I scarfed down a few slices and then I took off for the hospital. When I got home we dressed the beds in the new comforters and sheets and made the boys lay down as it was after 10:00. Then BJ and I hit the sack. We were beat.

Sunday morning came way too early as the nephew is not a late sleeper like the Little Guy. But we got up and the boys played and we got ready to go. We went to lunch and then dropped the Little Guy off with his mother, took the nephew home, went to the hospital to visit the SIL and then went home and watched some football. Decided we didn't want anything in the house for dinner so we went out to eat and then to the store...again looking for curtains and a lamp. We finally got home at 9:00, just in time for the 4th quarter of the football game. Watched that and then went to bed.

It was a busy, stressful weekend. Everyone was so worried about the SIL. The doctors still aren't quite sure what she has going on. She has been improving very slowly over the weekend and she just sent me an e-mail saying her oxygen is up to 96 which is very good news. She had some x-rays done this morning and they will wait to see how everything looks before they will let her know if she can go home or not. The staff is leaning towards another night in the hospital. I know it's killing her to be there and away from her kids. She was put on this earth to be a wife and mother and for her to be stuck in the bed is torture. She volunteers 2 days a week at the boys' school and takes her daughter to story-time once a week and is just always on the go.

We have been after them for a long time to get the house checked for mold. They get colds and infections way too much for a normal family. The house is 30 years old and you just never know. The BIL's mother told me that her son was never sick until the last couple of years and he's had pneumonia 2 or 3 times. That's something to worry about. So I think they are actually going to look into it now.

So that was my weekend. And on the TTC front since this IS an infertility temps have stayed up and I'm 14dpo today. I think I saw the beginnings of spotting a little while ago. I'm a little snippy and a lot tired so I think the damn monthly visitor that we all know and hate will be showing up in the next day or so. I can't wait. Insert sarcastic tone here.


Fran said...

You poor thing! Definitely a tough weekend! Are you giving it a couple more days in case AF doesn't show before testing again? Thinking of you, Fran

AplusB said...

Sounds like a trying weekend...hang in there.

A said...

Wow, I hope your SIL heals up quickly. And, keep us posted about being 14dpo and having high temps! I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has that situation but still isn't pregnant ;-)

Anonymous said...

I hope your SIL gets better quickly. That does sound like a hectic weekend!

Sorry about AF approaching :(.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Oy... quite the weekend. I'm dizzy just reading about it.

I hope that your SIL is on the mend and will soon be able to leave hospital.


Trinity said...

What a crazy, exhausting weekend! I hope your SIL gets better and better every day. Thanks for your super kind note on my blog this week. I look forward to reading back through your blog a bit to hear more about your house! :) Best wishes!


Anonymous said...


I think you're on to something there - it's important to get the house checked out - asthma can be very serious.

Sorry about Aunt Flo - she is a pest, isn't she?

Trinity said...

Hehehe, in my feverish attempt at catching up with ICLW today, I got mixed up about who left a comment on my blog. I am an idiot, and I'm sorry for the confusion. Please disregard that part of my comment. I did genuinely mean everything else. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a hectic weekend! Hopefully your SIL will get better soon!