Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good News all Around

As I was reading blog entries this morning I was overcome by happiness for 2 of my fellow bloggers...Eileen and Sprogblogger. They both got a BFP today! Hop on over and congratulate them. They have both been through the wringer the past couple of years and it's about time they had some true happiness. Eileen has undergone an IVF with a new clinic and Sprogblogger just went through a DE cycle. I'm hoping that both of them finally have their sticky beans this time! Yay for both of them being POAS addicts so that we can find out as early as we can!

The other bit of good news is that I really like my love seats. I will take a picture when the ottoman comes in and post it. I promised pictures of the new house and I've decided to take it room by room as we get each room set up. As my step-mom put it, it's nice to see empty room pictures, but it's better when it looks like you live there. I have to step into complaining mode a little bit, though. BJ isn't sure he likes the furniture now. It doesn't seem to be as supportive of his back as he's used to. Great. So I need to call the furniture store and check on their return policy just in case he changes his mind. I don't want him to keep it just because I like it. I know him and it will not be fun in our house if he's uncomfortable. So it may be back to the drawing table on furniture. :-( I'll keep you posted.

An e-mail just popped up on my screen and I read it and I shouldn't have. My ex-MIL and I are pretty close and I'm pretty close with the rest of the family, too. Just not my ex. I will tell a very brief background. The ex-MIL has 2 daughters. N is the oldest at 26. She started having babies at 19 and basically has not stopped since. The e-mail that just popped up was an announcement of yet another baby. This will be child #8. There's so much drama involved in this story that I could write a book and you probably wouldn't believe a lot of what I would write because you would think I was making it up and that no one is really that dumb/irresponsible. You'd be wrong, my friend. She is married...to the daddy of all the babies. That is about the only smart thing in this situation. Well, actually....the way she has gotten everything handed to her and gets everything she wants and works over everyone is the REALLY smart part. I figured she'd have another one because I truly believe she has an illness where she needs to be pregnant/center of attention/have babies. However, given the fact that her husband has just gone back to work after almost a year of unemployment (and he's working at a nearby mall as I understand it) would lead me to believe that she might put the breaks on her baby-making adventures. That, my friend, is where I am wrong. I'm sick of her having all these babies and other people paying her bills...her in-laws, her mother, the taxpayers (ME!). I just logged into FB to see what I could find out but apparently she has removed herself. I haven't been on there in a week or so and I don't do much on there so I don't know when she left. Humph. I just don't get it. Why put yourself even deeper in the hole? She's a nice girl with a good sense of humor and she loves her kids dearly. They are well cared for and loved beyond belief. They are great kids, all of them. But doesn't being a good parent entail some sort of fiscal responsibility?? I mean, come ON already. Maybe she's trying to get her own reality TV show? I can't even think about this right now. I was so happy when I started this post and now I'm deflated.

When will it be my turn? I don't want 8 or 7 or even 6....just ONE would make me the happiest. Just ONE to bless our lives. Just ONE to bring us joy. Just one...

3 comments:

A said...

I was also excited to read about those BFP's!! Here's praying there are alot more where those came from :) I'm sorry to hear about your ex-SIL...I always wanted 3 kids, but at this point, I totally agree with you- just 1, Lord...

Eileen said...

Awwww. Thanks for the love ;-). I hope you get your ONE real soon girl!

C said...

Ugh. That is so tough :( I hope you get yours soon. You deserve it!!!