Monday, June 7, 2010

Wax On, Wax Off

I did it, ladies. I got the bikini wax on Saturday. EEEEOOOOWWWW! But it wasn't that bad. It stung, for sure, but I think I did pretty well. I let the lady know it was my first time and she explained it to me and told me that I would love it and never go back to shaving. She pulled out the strips and I told her that I was told over the phone that they don't use the strips. She replied with, "I do better work with the strips. I've been doing this for a very long time and I just like the strips better." So, the strips it was.

I put on a pair of really sexy undies (elastic waistband and a sheer thin strip of material) that she provided and laid down on the table. She took a look (and I've never been more embarrassed by a lady bits inspection before because I had to let it really grow out so the wax had something to "grab") and she said, "you're not even that bad. there's not a lot going on there." No more embarrassment...just pure pride. :-) I've never been hairy but I have my stragglers, that's for sure.

She braced me for the first one and it stung like a mother. The 3rd and 4th ones hurt but then it wasn't so bad. She did the other side the same way and then she put a soothing lotion on and cold towels. That felt pretty good. I think I might have even let out an "aaahhhhh".

Then I was told not to wear underwear for the rest of the day. Hmmmm...so that meant tucking my undies in my purse and feeling like a cheap ho that just got done with a Job and driving home. I had some loose fitting shorts on and that helped the area not get worse. I can't believe I went the whole rest of the day (BJ and I even went out Saturday night) without wearing underwear. My skin was pink and irritated and a bit sensitive but by Sunday morning, it was much better. However, I still have some pinkish/reddish dots where the hair was. I'm hoping that the next time I do it (yes, there will be a next time because there is nary a stubble yet) this won't happen. She told me that the first time hurts the worst and that the skin and hair will adjust to the treatment. I hope she's right. I will see if I can get an appointment with another lady that doesn't use the strips but uses the other wax. Just to see which I like better.

Thanks for all the advice on this ladies! I'll update with some real stuff soon but I just wanted to get this out there and share my smooth story with all of you.

7 comments:

Amber C said...

YAY! Not that bad right? Can't wait for a comparison post!

Alex said...

This is so cool - I'm glad you took the plunge! I'm very impressed you did it!

EC said...

Wow! You are so brave!

someday-soon said...

YOW, you're a stronger lady than I =)

Niki said...

You are very brave. I want to go but I keep chickening out.

Pie said...

Good for you!! Definitely try the other wax too - I like it so much better. And given you are "light" down there, you might not have stubble for weeks on end. Lucky girl.

Finn's Mom said...

So funny! Thanks for the rundown, I've never had a bikini wax myself! Glad to hear it's survive-able ;).