Friday, August 14, 2009

Moving Right Along

Quick update on my Dad...they are home and he fixed the garage door. He's pretty angry at the bad guys. The police weren't much help or very confident that anything can be recovered. They told him to start checking around at local pawn shops for stuff. My Dad told me that he hopes they come back so he can teach them a lesson. A little scary to think about, but I know where he's coming from. Oddly enough, they didn't take any of his electronics. That's very good because of all the records on his computers. They chose to take a camouflage phone...my Dad joked that they must have been real red-necks. :-) My step-mom's jewelry was all taken and that is very sad. She doesn't have much but what she does have is very important to her. I hope those guys get what's coming to them.

We had our meeting yesterday and everything went smoothly. We signed up for a security system. We have one now and after what happened to my Dad I'm not taking any chances. Plus, the fire protection is very important to me. We are hoping to break ground on 8/24 and as long as the county gets what it needs that won't be a problem. I'm still bitter about my 4th bedroom, though.

I really wish I knew what was going on in my body right now. Since I'm not temping I have no idea when or even if I have ovulated. I'm a very regular cycle kind of girl. I have a 26-28 day cycle with ovulation taking place on day 12 or 13 usually. As you know, I went through 14 OPK's and never detected a surge. I'm thinking that I might have a cyst again. I'd never thought I'd say this but I'm really missing my monitoring. I have not gone 1 cycle without being monitored since December. I have no idea what my ovaries look like or my lining. I feel so in the dark about this cycle. It's really surprising to me that I feel this way. I will feel much better once my period comes and I start temping.

On a side note...we went to Out.back for dinner after our meeting yesterday. And as crazy as this sounds, I don't go there for the steak or the bloomin' onion....I go there for the No Rules Pasta with shrimp. They have the best Parmesan sauce on the planet I think. It's the only place I order it. I love pasta. I think I should have been Italian. I have converted BJ over to it as well. He is a Steak Man to say the least. However, whenever he gets steak at a restaurant it's never as good as when we grill at home. So now he gets the pasta at Out.back, too. It's soooo damned good. And I know it's probably about 3000 calories so we only go there maybe 3 or 4 times a year at the most. It's our treat to ourselves. The Little Guy gets the Joey Sirloin because he takes after his dad and loves steak...always has. Of course, his steak is always perfect no matter where we go. We joked about ordering 3 kids steaks the next time...not sure how that would fly with the staff.

No comments: