Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quickie Post

Not a post about quickies...minds out of the gutter, please.  :-)  Although, I could write a post about quickies seeing as how a lot of the time that's how I get my lovin'...the fertile window doesn't really allow for much spontaneity.  This post will just be quick, I promise.

BJ got his results back from his endoscopy.  No cancer!  Not even any bacteria!  Jumping for joy shall commence.  He just needs to get his acid reflux/GERD under control better.  He opted out of the colonoscopy, which I knew he would.  For now I'm ok with that.  He actually went to the doctor about his back, too.  He needs to have an MRI which will hopefully happen within the next couple of weeks.  Our insurance has to approve it.  He's been having issues for years but it's getting really bad now so he wants to get help if he can.

I began having some very fertile CM yesterday and we actually had sex last night!  And guess what's happening today?  My ovary is hurting like hell so I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating.  Hell yeah!  I'm not temping or OPK'ing this cycle so I'm just going on physical signs.  How amazing would it be to be successful right before my appointment next week?

The trip I spoke of 2 posts ago is still very much up in the air.  We talked with the neighbors last night and pulled some prices.  We just aren't sure if it's a wise thing to do right now.  We want to go in the worst way and even found a place that we want to stay.  We decided that if we do this, we will go to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.  That means we have to get passports and that's another cost to add in.  Will keep you posted.

Thank you for your positive comments on my last post.  It's nice to know that you guys understand and that I'm not on an island here.  I have many conflicting feelings about my family dynamic and there's plenty more where that post came from.  It's just hard sitting down and putting it into words sometimes.  Stay tuned for more.  :-)

We are having some of the neighbors over on Sunday for the Big Game.  I'm making chili dogs and some other snacks.  I'm looking forward to it, actually.  Last year we were snowed in during the Big Game and didn't have to worry about work or school the next day.  This year we will have to get the kids to bed on time and ourselves in bed at a decent hour...not as much fun but we will make the best of it.  I still say the game should be played on Saturday evening instead of Sunday.  Go Packers!

4 comments:

Esperanza said...

Such amazing news about BJ's health! Yay! I was so nervous when you said it would be three weeks, so glad the results came back clean! I hope you get to take that vacation. I know how important that time together can be for two people who are dealing with a difficult situation.

Alex said...

Oh yay - what wonderful news about BJ! I'm so happy for you both... And I have everything crossed for you that you become an infertility urban myth - prego right as you start the major IVF process!!!

someday-soon said...

Wooo-hooo for fantastic test results!!! Nice work on catching O unmonitored, you're a pro =) My RE always called the cycle before IVF the "scare the egg into submission" cycle. Hope it's your magic ticket!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the ALL CLEAR!!! That's huge news - what a relief!

I definitely understand about the worry about traveling and spending money when you're borrowing money. I felt guilty just buying a one-way ticket to meet my husband in Atlanta ($120), even though we didn't have to buy anything else but gas the entire weekend (and even half of that was expensed through Hubby's work). As if my family would see that we went to Tampa and wonder why we were spending money when we're trying to raise money to adopt.
Congrats on catching a fertile day!