Friday, October 22, 2010

Happiness Is...

- going to the corn maze and pumpkin patch tomorrow afternoon with the SIL and her family.  Since we are unable to trick or treat with the Little Guy this year at least we still get some good Fall activity with him.  I love the pictures I get when we go to the pumpkin patch.  I'm excited about the corn maze, too.  We went through a garden maze last summer when we went to Luray Caverns and it was confusing to say the least.  This corn maze is HUGE in comparison.  I hope we can find our way out.

- wiping my cabinets down after the husband, very thoughtfully, cut my apple with the apple corer and splashed juice everywhere.  He had it all over himself and our pretty cabinets.  I dipped my perfectly sliced apple into some yummy peanut butter after the mess was cleaned up.  When he did it, he just turned and looked at me with that "I can't believe that just happened" look on his face.  It was great.

- a bright and sunny day today...and tomorrow.  I love the sunshine and it will be a little warmer today and tomorrow than it has been so that makes it even better.  I think we should wear a little sunscreen before heading to the maze tomorrow.  It might be October but the sun can still burn us.

- laughing at my own folly this morning.  We have overhead cabinets at work.  I store things up there like, my pens, paperclips, scissors, things like that.  I have a spinning organizer that I keep all that stuff in.  It's not on my desk because things have a way of disappearing when it's left out.  Anyway, I had 1/2 a candy bar up in the cabinet that I was planning on eating this afternoon.  I love something sweet around 3:00...sorry, I digress.  I opened the cabinet and turned the spinning organizer to get to my paperclips and wouldn't you know...the spinning thing turned the candy bar and made it fall out of the cabinet.  Why is this funny?  Because it landed right in the middle of my cup of Diet Pepsi.  Thankfully, it didn't knock the cup over.  It did, however, splash soda all over my desk and note pad.  What are the chances?  It made me laugh and I'm surprised no one asked me why I was laughing.  Pretty embarassng to say the least.

- only 2 more weeks of work and I am off for 2 days!  Yippie!

5 comments:

Willow said...

Pumpkin patch pix are the cutest! We're going to two this weekend--can't wait! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time this weekend! We're hitting up the pumpkin patch ourselves - going to try our hands at carving, something we haven't done in years.
Your candy bar story reminds me of last fall when my dad and his wife were visiting. We were out on the back deck eating dinner and drinking wine, when a giant acorn fell straight out of the tree and dropped into my dad's glass. Wine went EVERYWHERE. It was hilarious and so random!

daega99 said...

Hope the pumpkin patch was fun!!!

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Alex said...

Hope you had fun at the pumpkin patch! I love the pictures take with their kids at those - so fall!

Kristin said...

Have a wonderful time at the corn maze and pumpkin patch. I just got to do that at the end of last week and it was a blast.

ICLW #14