Friday, February 3, 2012

Waiting Patiently...Yeah Right

I got antsy yesterday and called the clinic to ask who my donor coordinator is going to be. The receptionist did not know but said she’d check my chart to see if anything had been noted. She came back on the line and said she’d have to have Dr. M call me when he was finished with his current patient. Cue panic mode. I thought for sure that he left some sort of note saying that we can’t do this. He finally called me back over an hour later and explained that he just hadn’t processed all the necessary papers yet. WHEW. He said I’d hear from someone by tomorrow (Friday, today).


I’ve been on pins and needles all day...carrying my phone with me everywhere. I was even tempted to call again and that is so NOT like me. I don’t like to make a fuss or be a squeaky wheel. He said it’d get done and that should be enough, right?

I got the call almost 2 hours ago. However, it was not from MY coordinator. It was just the lead coordinator and all she did was tell me to expect a call from my team in the next 7 business days. She also told me that the financial coordinator would be e-mailing me a packet and I’d have to have a consult after I’d looked everything over. She went on to ask me if I had gotten another temporary password for the database and I had not so she is supposed to be sending me one.

I know that we can’t really get going until all of these little pieces fall into place but let me tell you, I am going a bit nuts with all this waiting. My husband is already grumpy now that I explained to him how long it could actually take to get me, the donor and 2 other recipients all synced up for just one cycle. He didn’t know it could take that long...and now there has been at least another 10 days added to the schedule. I received the financial paperwork and immediately sent an e-mail back requesting a phone consult on Monday. I’m waiting to hear back about that.

I am SO ready to get this show on the road. I’m sure ya’ll can understand where I’m coming from. I’ve been at this for so long that I don’t want to wait another second. I have no choice in the matter so I guess I will just put on my Patient Hat and try to distract myself with other things.

Speaking of other things...we had new carpet put in the office and the family room today. I can’t wait to get home to see it and walk on it. We are having some of our neighbors over for the Superbowl on Sunday. I have a very limited menu this year. It’s a lot less labor intensive than last year’s menu. To tell you the truth, I don’t even care about this game. It’s a repeat of a few years ago and I really can’t stand either team so I’ll basically be watching for the commercials. It will be nice to have people over and laugh and carry on, I suppose.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will check in next week with any updates!

6 comments:

Jem said...

Well, the only palatable thing about this situation is that given you are going to use donor eggs, there's technically no hurry.

That said, I understand your impatience. Take a deep breath and trust in the process.

EC said...

It's hard, isn't it? You make a decision and then just want to get on with it, already! I hope things start moving forward soon, and that you have a happy and relaxing weekend!

Pie said...

Yeah, I sort of thought they might go slower than you would want. It is a lot of pieces to put into place, and it is not as simple as just cycling yourself. So keep that Patience Hat on, knit another one for BJ and hang in there.

Have fun at your party!!

Rebecca said...

So annoying to have to wait when you want something now. But yeah I guess that is what I'll also have to deal with someday soon. I wish you the best.

Oh and I don't watch football so I have no clue who is even playing. Bad aren't I?

Donor Diva said...

Hello, I think you are the program that I did for our DE IVF (3 years ago). The hardest part is the waiting and get everything moving. Just think about how short the 2ww will feel after all this lead up :)

Hoping things move quickly and that you can cycle soon.

Donor Diva
donordiva.com

Alex said...

Just catching up on my blogs. Boy I have missed something huge - you're doing donor eggs! Oh Teejay, I'm so very happy for you!!! I know it's not a sure thing - nothing in this reproductive world is, is it? - but your chances are so much better! And I'm just thrilled beyond belief for you!!! I'm so excited to be able to watch you go through this process. And you're going to be an amazing mommy!!!