Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Countdown Has Begun

In less than 24 hours I will begin my Lupron shots. Yippee! I could not be more ready. I actually have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. Since this will be first shot in about a year, it’s good that I’m off work tomorrow so that I don’t have to rush in the morning.


I’m literally counting the hours until I get to start stabbing my stomach with needles. Isn’t it crazy how IF makes us look forward to things that other people would dread? And I can’t wait to take my last bcp on Sunday. Again, counting the hours (well, days at this point).

Thanks to all of you that recommended some remedies to my going problem. I bought some milk of magnesia yesterday but forgot to take it last night. I’ll be taking it tonight for sure. I couldn’t bring myself to buy anything that I would mix with liquid and drink. Although, if the MOM doesn’t work that will be my next avenue of self-treatment.

I’m also counting the minutes until I get to leave work today. I’m so excited to be off tomorrow with nothing planned. The only thing I have to do is hit the store to get my boys some candy and treats for their Easter baskets. The rest of the day will be putting laundry away and working on my scrapping. I’m really looking forward to working on my albums. I feel like I really accomplished something when I have several pretty pages of pictures to look at.

Is it time to go home yet??

I hope everyone has a great Easter in whatever way you may (or may not) celebrate! The next time you hear from me I will be bcp free and full of Lupron! Let the countdown continue...tick...tick...tick.

4 comments:

someday-soon said...

Let's get this party started!!! Happy you have a laid back day tomorrow, sounds like a perfect day to start meds =) One tip on the MOM, make sure to mix it up really well...shake, shake, shake *lol*

Rebecca said...

I hope all goes well and you don't have too many lupron side effects.

newbie said...

So excited for you - it's almost here!

Pie said...

Yay for injections!! How crazy is that to say, but I get it. And btw, metamucil comes in pill form, so none of that yucky powder stuff - blech.

Happy Easter!