Monday, September 20, 2010

Gone Too Long

I'm here and I'm ok. I'm just very busy these days. Work is out of control busy and I just crash in the evenings when I'm home. I'm reading blogs and commenting a little, but of course not as much as I'd like to. For that, I apologize.

Thank you all for your kind words on my last post. I hope that the Little Guy realizes how much I love him and how much I wish he were mine. We don't always see eye to eye, but we have a connection and it's pretty special in my eyes. I will be bummed again when I'm home watching the game on TV knowing that he chose to be with his mom, but I'll be ok. We are going to the convention in 2 weeks and I plan to make the best of that time with him.

BJ's birthday was Friday. We had planned on going to the mountains and riding our 4-wheelers for the weekend but the darn things needed some mechanical work so we were unable to go. That left us scrambling for something "family" oriented that we could do this weekend. We finally (and I mean Thursday night) decided to head to Virginia Beach. We have never been there before and the weather forecast was outstanding. We picked the Little Guy up from school and headed out Friday around 12:30. We didn't get to our hotel until 5:00pm! There was so much traffic it was unreal. We had no idea what we were in for. We went from 4 lanes down to 2 lanes to go through a tunnel. It was frustrating to say the least. Especially since we were only about 25 miles from our destination when we hit the traffic.

We picked a certain hotel because it had an indoor pool and a bedroom. Most of the pools close up after Labor Day and the Little Guy loves to swim. The bedroom was nice because I was sure I'd get my positive on my opk and this way we'd have some privacy. Our bedroom was nice but it didn't have a door. It had a huge mirror on the wall and BJ said it was a s.e..x mirror. Nice. We turned the a/c down when we left for dinner. We walked and ate dinner and headed back at 8:00 so we could sit in the hot tub while the Little Guy swam. Our room never cooled off. It was still 79 degrees in there with the unit running constantly. And to top off the evening, apparently, from 8:00 to 11:00 is adult swim only. As we headed back to our room to figure out what to do next, we heard our neighbors....we heard every word they spoke. And they weren't talking loudly at all. We had enough. BJ canceled our room for Saturday night and that put us on a mission to find another place to stay. This was turning out to be a great vacation. The air show was in town so it took us a while to find a room. I found a room at a place with a heated outdoor pool that I booked. We paid an additional $25 so we could have ocean front. It was so worth it. When we checked in we just sat outside and listened to the waves and left the door open and chilled. And since the air show was in town, we got a very close view of the Blue Angels as they prepped for their appearance. I love jets! They flew out over the water and made so much noise. At one point, we were running from the front door to the back door every time we heard a was fun. And it was so much better than the other hotel we stayed at. BJ and I sat outside until after 11:00 while the Little Guy settled in and went to sleep. It was chilly and I had bought a warm sweater earlier when we were walking so I put it on and then brought the bedspread out to cover my legs while we listened to and watched the ocean. It was so relaxing...exactly what it was meant to be.

Now, for the TTC stuff, since this is my TTC blog. Right before we left on Friday (and here is your TMI alert) I used the bathroom and there was a giant glob of ewcm. I had tested and was negative on my opk but I figured it was pretty useless since we were going to be in very close quarters all weekend. I tested negative on Saturday as well, but had some watery/creamy cm. And to my surprise, BJ decided Saturday night in the bathroom would be a good time to sneak in a quickie. There is about a foot height difference between us so it was interesting to say the least, but we got the job done. :-) I was having a hard time timing my testing and trying to make sure my urine was concentrated enough and all that jazz, so my testing might not have been completely accurate. I tested again Sunday afternoon and got a negative, but again, I think it had only been 2 hours since I'd gone so I don't know if it was a true negative. I tested yesterday at work twice and it was negative again but then on the way home I started to feel some distinct ovary pain. I tested when I got home and it was as close to positive as I had seen and thankfully BJ was up for some fun. I was still feeling some ovary twinges this morning so of course my hopes are now up. I am debating whether or not to test again to see what happens. Might not waste a strip.

Anyway, that is what I have been up to...working and getting away for the weekend. And upon my return to work I was informed that I will be working a half hour of overtime each day for the next 6 or so weeks. How fun does that sound? Oh well, it's temporary so I will just have to deal with it I guess.

And I just realized that today is the start of ICLW. I should really do a post for that but it has taken me 2 days just to write this one. That post will have to wait. Maybe I will fill it in by doing a Happiness Is post. We'll see. But I definitely have time to sneak in some blog reading, just not so much on the commenting. I really need a smart phone so I can do this on the bus ride to and from work. I've been contemplating getting either an iPhone or a Droid of some sort...need to do more research. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to any new readers and any new blogs to follow!


April said...

Sounds like a great weekend even with the drama! I am SO far behind on blogging and reading/commenting! I have an iphone and love it but it still doesnt seem to always keep me in the loop!

Pie said...

Glad the weekend turned out ok. Its been ages since I've been to VB, but have fond memories of it (except for the traffic, which as you saw, can be brutal!). Have a good week TeeJay, and don't work too hard!

Lara (NoodleGirl) said...

Ooh, did I miss a blog redesign? Love it! So autumnal!!

I hope work calms down soon, I hate those super busy phases. But glad you got a vacation in there. My fingers are crossed that your great timing caught that eggie this time!

p.s. iPhone! iPhone! iPhone!

April said...

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed vacation! I too love sitting and listening to the ocean.