- I worked a short week last week since we had the 11th off and I took the 12th off. The plan was to take the Little Guy to his dentist in the morning on Thursday and then go through all the Christmas stuff and do some things around the house and then go to his parent teacher conference. I was on the go all day and barely got through the Christmas stuff at all. The Little Guy and I decided to have breakfast at the new ihop in town. Mistake on a holiday. It took us 45 minutes to be seated. It was so worth it though.
- BJ decided to take Friday off so that changed my plans of shopping without him. We shopped for the Little Guy and bought him a guitar and amp and 2 lessons for Christmas. I hope he likes it because it was not cheap. Against my better judgement and my prodding, BJ bought these things instead of renting them to make sure the Little Guy would stick with it. We'll see.
- I had a scrapbooking crop on Saturday. I got a lot done and it was nice to sit and work on it all day. I actually met the mother of the guy that lent us the chairs for the Little Guys b-day party back in June. It was very random that I realized who she was. She was very pleasant and I enjoyed our conversation. I did not enjoy watching the lady next to me create her daughter's baby album. Ugh...these events are as much fun as they are misery.
- It's true that IF follows us/me everywhere. I was browsing through the new NHL Christmas catalog and my jaw dropped. They now have MATERNITY hockey wear! The model was pretty and smiling (and obviously had a fake belly) and wearing a maternity shirt that had the words Future Rookie (or something like that) across her bulging stomach. Lovely. What will they think of next to throw in my face?
- I tested positive with my opk Friday mid-morning. I had tested negative Thursday afternoon. I never felt any O pain but I did have a headache that didn't go away with 3 ES Tylenol on Saturday. My temp spiked Saturday morning (which is very unusual for me since I usually spike 2 mornings after ovulation) and has stayed up since then. According to FF I ovulated Friday. That doesn't really sit well with me because I got a negative on my opk Thursday afternoon. But then I can't explain the temp spike on Saturday. Ugh, this gets so confusing! And to top it off, both BJ and I were exhausted Thursday night and decided to do the deed Friday, which we did. So if I ovulated Friday we probably missed it. Plus, my ovary had NO pain whatsoever so I don't have a clue as to what really happened. Only time will tell, right?
- I'm getting geared up for my Thanksgiving dinner. I have my spreadsheet that lays out my menu, what dish the item will be served in, who is responsible for preparing/bringing it and which day I will make it. I'm doing quite a bit on Wednesday so I don't have to spend the whole day Thursday cooking and stressing. I just need to find time to get to the grocery store to buy all the ingredients. :-)
- I bought a plain wreath and decorations for it. I put it together Friday and was satisfied. I've never done this before so I was pretty worried about my ability. I left it in my scrapping room. I went in there Saturday afternoon to put my scrapping stuff away and saw it on the table. It's really pretty. I guess I needed some time away from it to appreciate how the reds and golds all work together. I'm going to take a picture of it once we hang it next weekend so you all can see it, too.
- The trim is up in the kitchen! I haven't taken any pictures yet but I plan on it this weekend after I clean. I will post pictures very soon. The floor looks so much better now that it's complete. This is one happy TeeJay.
- It has been a while since I took a bubble bath in my wonderful tub. I indulged myself last night. Can I just say...ahhhhhhh. I was so ready for bed afterward. I slept all night and didn't wake up one time. It was great.
- I've been bad about commenting this past week but I plan to make up for it over the next few days. I miss "talking" to you guys.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Bullet Point Update
I have so much to say but I just don't feel like writing all of it out so I'm going to give ya'll a bullet point update. It will still probably be a long post because as you know, I like to ramble.