Quick rundown of happenings that may need more elaboration at a later date but I need to get some things off my chest right now before I explode.
- BJ's ex felt the need to threaten taking him to court because he asked (albeit belatedly) if he could have the Little Guy Thursday night. The LG was scheduled to leave for the beach for a few days and BJ realized that if he didn't see him Thursday night (our night anyway) that he wouldn't see him until Monday afternoon. She blew a fuse. And then he blew a fuse. It got really nasty with all sorts of threats going back and forth between them and her ending up in tears. I don't know where she gets off threatening court to him. If a judge ever ruled on a visitation schedule it would only mess her life up as she is the one that always needs to switch days and weekends because she can't figure out how to make plans (or just NOT do something she wants) according to the schedule that is already set. UGH!
- I went to a funeral Tuesday for an ex-family member of mine. It was so emotionally draining that I'm still trying to recover. The thing is, my feelings of angst aren't even related to the death of the person. She had suffered for a long time and is now finally in a better place with loved ones that preceded her. It was the company of my ex and his family that got to me. It was like I was sucked into a time warp of a life that is no longer mine. And it was really hard. And it's still hard.
- My boss informed me in passing yesterday that I should be prepared to work overtime for the next few months (until the elections) because things are going to be pretty busy. I'm infuriated over the way she approached me about it and then just walked away. I have no problems finishing something that I'm working on if it can't wait until the next day, but the way things go in my office is that everything is a contest. There is one co-worker in particular that thinks everyone should stay as late as she does or else they aren't doing a good enough job. I'm sure this is where the request came from. I've been here 10 years and she's never said anything like that to me before. I would love to come in earlier in the morning, but that is not what they are looking for. And my commute is not their problem, but c'mon! I can't help it that they don't have a family at home. And just because all their meetings are over by 5:00 and that's when THEY sit down to actually work, doesn't mean that I don't work all day long.
- I'm in a rotten ass mood this week. We have a big meeting next week and people keep coming to me with all the questions and concerns. Most of which is all above my pay grade. I try to help but that just generates more questions. The main person that should be working on this meeting has been out...and will be busy the day before the meeting. Unreal! How do I get saddled with all this crap and everyone under the sun coming to me for answers??
- We missed the big O day. I'm not surprised. It always works out that we miss it. I'm fairly certain that I ovulated last Saturday. I did the OPK thing Friday mid-morning and it was negative. I did it again Friday late evening and it was positive. I started feeling ovulation Saturday morning. I've decided that I have a very weak LH surge. We did our thing Saturday night but I'm pretty sure it was too late. And to top things off, I saw EWCM not once, not twice, but 3 times this cycle!! I'm very excited about that. Not so much about getting a positive OPK on CD9 and then feeling ovulation on CD 10, but that has happened before.
- I'm extra cranky this week and I don't know why. I feel like I'm PMS'ing to the max and I don't like it. Everything is ticking me off and I'm ready to bite someone's head off. I'm glad today is Friday. I'm glad the weather is not as humid and steamy. I'm hoping for a nice relaxing weekend to destress myself. I have to take Gizmo to the vet tomorrow morning for his last distemper shot. He's getting bigger by the day and it only reminds me that he won't be a baby for long. One of the highlights of each day is coming home and having him fall over in front of me in anticipation of being petted. He really is a sweetheart. Smokey and he played for a while yesterday...I missed it but BJ was a witness. He said he laughed and laughed at them.
- My left ovary is hurting today. I'm guessing that I have a cyst on there. That would not come as a surprise but it still annoys me.
- ok, enough bitching. I'm ready to start my day (over) and take some deep breaths and try to make the most of this day. I hope you all have a great weekend and that my next post is neither depressing or angry. :-)