Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Hello! It's me...the Long Lost Blogger

I can't believe it's been over 2 years since I've been here.  I miss this place.  And I want to come back.  I want to share more of our story.  Even if no IF's read anymore I can hopefully shed some light on what it's like to be a 40+ mom after infertility sucked the life out of me.  Maybe I can help people with blended families (and maybe they can help me, too) figure out how to make all of this work.

I have an IRL friend that has gotten me through more than one trial and tribulation since the birth of Baby Girl.  There's so much to say.  Until I can get here and write more regularly just know....Baby Girl is amazing.  She's healthy (knocking on ALL the wood), she's active, sassy, sweet, sensitive, adorable, creative and just a wonderful little human.  She's also really good at pushing buttons and patience to the brink.  Lol  We are not perfect, far from it, but she and I are extensions of each other.  She has filled my life with everything I hoped she would.

Our family dynamic is in some turmoil.  The Little Guy (not so little anymore) is 16 and things have not been going well for the last 2 years.  Well, it's been building for many more years than that but now that he's growing up things have really been on a downward spiral.  It makes me so sad to see it happening and knowing that I can't really do anything about it.

It's a tricky time of year for us financially and so the stress of that is weighing heavily on me, too.  Sigh

There's much to say and I will catch everyone up little by little.  I miss you all so very much.  And I miss writing.  Gosh, just this little post feels so good coming off my fingertips.  I will be back, and soon!

3 comments:

someday-soon said...

Great to see you back in your writing space :-) I just posted a couple weeks ago after months away. It does feel good.

Sorry to hear things with LG are hard. Happy BG is doing great. Look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Sarah said...

Glad to see you posting here again! I've been hoping for a blog revival lately. I miss all the old "faces". :)

femiint said...

great post.. thanks for sharing