Sorry I haven’t been the best at updating lately. It’s an election year and that means that we are really busy at work so I don’t get much free time. I will catch you up on what’s been happening lately…bullet style!
· We are getting ready for the Little Guy to start middle school. Ack! He’s not looking forward to his summer vacation ending but I’m hoping that he will start to get excited very soon. We are going school supply shopping this weekend. I LOVE shopping for school supplies. I always have. There’s just something about folders and notebooks and new pens that get me all excited! I could spend hours in an office supply store shopping for these things. He has an orientation day on the 20th. They will ride the bus to school and take the tour of their classes and probably get lists of more supplies that are needed and then be home before 12:00. School actually starts on the 21st. We never had an orientation day. We just had to show up and hope for the best the first day. No, I didn’t walk to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways.
· We were going to go the beach for a few days next week but given my penchant for heat/sun induced headaches we are skipping it. I’m sad because I really need to get away for a few days but there’s not much to do indoors at the beach. We have decided to take the LG away in early October to an indoor waterpark for a couple of days. We looked into it for next week but the prices were way over our budget for a 2 night stay so we will go in October when it’s about half the cost. He was ok with this as he’s never been to the indoor waterpark before. Score!
· More people at work are learning about the pregnancy. I’ve told a couple more people and I think word will start to spread now on its own. BJ asked me how in the world I can keep it in. I don’t really know the answer to that. Maybe it’s the fear or maybe it’s because I like having this wonderful little secret all to myself. Once people know, the questions and the advice start flying around and I’d rather not be bombarded with co-workers’ advice. The important people have been told by me and that is what matters. The others can learn through the grapevine or when they see the belly.
· I have been bad about keeping up with my beautiful flower garden. It’s been so hot this summer that going outside has been nearly impossible. Even most evenings are still pretty warm. I’m usually out there every weekend trimming roses, cutting back lilies and pulling weeds. The migraines I get from the heat/sun have won out over my quest for the best looking yard in the neighborhood. I’m hoping for some cooler weather this weekend so that I can trim things up a bit.
· BJ finally went back to the doctor about the pains he gets in his side that travel around to his back. They took some x-rays and noticed that the base of his spine is curving the wrong way. The doctor wants him to go to physical therapy and try some exercises to strengthen his back to see if that alleviates some of the pain. His first session was yesterday. Of course it felt great while he was there and when he left but then later he was hurting pretty badly. I told him that he probably just worked some muscles that he hasn’t worked before and it will get better. I hope so as I hate to see him in pain.
· We are supposed to start clearing things out of the basement this weekend so that BJ has room to start working on finishing it. (because we’re having a baby!) I have some things set aside to take to the thrift store but we have quite a bit of stuff to sort through to see what else we can get out of there. I’m a little anxious to get going on this because I know that once school starts the time will start flying by and then it will be the holidays and oh my gosh the baby will be here shortly after that (hopefully).
There’s much more to write about but for now that is about all I have time for. I hope you all have a great weekend and I’ll talk at ya later! (one of my Grandmother’s sayings). Oh, and I put up a ticker…not sure how I feel about it yet. Does it make me seem too arrogant or confident? I’m not sure these feelings will ever go away. I guess I can thank IF for making me worried about a ticker, right? *sigh*.