Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nice to Meet You

Well, here I am. This is my very first post. I find writing to be very therapeutic so I started this blog. I have a lot to say and I get very long winded at times and for that, I apologize in advance. This is going to be my outlet for my life...past, present and future. I have recently begun reading other blogs and I can't get enough. I'm pretty addicted to them. Maybe someone out there will get addicted to my blog. Who knows? I'm not doing this to be popular, just to help me vent my frustrations at life and maybe help someone along the way that may be going through something similar.

I'm going to give you a brief background on me now and then later I will fill in the rest as there is a lot to fill in and I don't want this first post to be too much to handle for anyone that might stumble upon it.

I'm in my mid 30's and I'm on my second marriage. My husband, we'll call him BJ, has a son from a previous relationship. I tried to get pregnant with my first husband for over 4 years with no luck. We had all the tests and were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Great...nothing to fix so we keep trying. I did everything I could....changed my eating, drinking, used opk's, took my temps made my charts...still nothing. I convinced myself that it would happen. It didn't.

Now I'm with husband #2. We have been trying but not obsessing for over 3 years. Oh, did I mention that husband #1 is getting ready to have his 2nd child with his girlfriend? Salt in the wound. But anyway...BJ and I went to the clinic in October to get a plan in place and get this show on the road...we aren't getting any younger. After some hurdles (cysts, high estrogen etc.) we tried 2 IUI's. Both failed. We decided to make the jump to IVF. Not an easy decision and I will probably get into that another day. Our first IVF started out a little bumpy. I had a cyst that the BCP (birth control pills) didn't get rid of. I had to "hold" on my Lupron...for almost 2 weeks. Finally, it was small enough and we could proceed. After stimming for what seemed like forever, I still only had 2 follies worth writing home about. They wanted me to do an IUI. I decided that timing intercourse would be better considering our finances. That is another story for another day. Again, a BFN (big fat negative).

I went in this morning to see how things are going on my new protocol. I just got the green light from my nurse! I will start stimming Sunday and go in for a follie check and bloodwork on Wednesday. Yippie! Another shot at this. I have listed below (for all you that are familiar with IVF meds) my protocol. I'm sorry this is so scattered right now. I will work on getting this set up and easier to follow. I'm very new at this and can only aspire to be as good at it as my fellow bloggers. :-)

Morning - 300 Gonal-f
Evening - 150 Gonal-f, 150 Menopur

No comments: